Saturday, August 2, 2008

Running Shoes?

Running Shoes?
I thought I would discuss this topic because it is essential for every runner to have shoes. If you’re a beginner, then using tennis shoes is basic and a good way to start. But if you’ve ran a few miles by now or even less you may already feel the wear and tear on these from the use they have been through. I know and at this point it is a better idea to consider a longer lasting shoe from a brand that is well known. The reason I suggest this is because the staying power of a really good pair of shoes will save you money in the long run, rather than having to keep replacing a cheaper pair of shoes. I do not mean that a $200 pair of shoes will last you a lifetime. Nor do I mean that you even have to buy a $200 pair of shoes. I just mean that a brand name shoe that may be a little more will be a better idea than a generic brand in the long run.

Now as far as the brand I have two favorites, and they may be obvious, Nike and New Balance.


Of course I will tell you why I prefer Nike. Well besides Nike being very popular while I was growing up, their credibility is what makes them stand out to me. I do not think there is anyone more credible about a pair of running shoes than Steve Prefontaine. His coach was Bill Bowerman one of the co-founders of Nike and Prefontaine used them himself.

And then there is New Balance. I did not use a pair until I was college because I just considered them a more of a walking shoe. And oh how comfortable these are, I think they are a little more pricey, but they feel good. I purchased a pair of running shoes and they lasted a really long time. And they felt as comfortable as the walking ones.

Even if you can not afford either of these brands I recommend that you at least get one of the other brands like Asics, Addidas and Reebok that have cheaper prices, instead of a generic brand. You will be thanking yourself later.

I also think that it is important to do research before you make any purchase involving athletic gear. Runner's World has an entire article on reviewing running shoes Runner's World Running Shoe Review. They also have a shoe finder to get you started in the right direction. Runner's World Shoe finder

Note: If you are interested in reading more about work out gear try Chatterbox!

References.

Nike, Inc.. 2 Aug. 2008. Wilkepedia. 2 Aug. 2008 .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kewl blog!
liked it very much

the stacemiiister said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the stacemiiister said...

great post. i wrote one about picking proper workout wear, and i tagged your blog at the bottom. hope it helps!

http://stacemiiister.blogspot.com

Ola said...

For some reason I not buying nike shoes very often, I don't know why.

My favorite brands are Puma and asics I think.